The Federal University, Dutsin-Ma is one of the nine Federal Universities whose establishment and location were approved by the Federal Executive Council of the Government of the Federal Republic of Nigeria at its 44 meeting of 22nd December, 2010 for the purpose of ensuring equity in the distribution of federally own Universities and improving access to University education. The University, in its desire to use the best practices in procurement and to totally conform to the Public Procurement Act, 2007 and associated regulations made there from, has set out a Procurement Procedure. The overall objective is to ensure that value for money is obtained through efficiency, fair access to bids and transparency. Therefore, except as otherwise provided in the Public Procurement regulations, the University uses open competitive bidding for the procurement of goods and works and related services.
The Vice Chancellor, who is the accounting officer, is the person responsible for supervision of all procurement activities in the University, The pioneer Vice Chancellor established the Procurement Directorate and a Tender Board for the University in 2011 and was one of the founding Directorate’s of Federal University, Dutsin-Ma for the purpose of transparency and ensuring that due process is followed in all procurement activities of the University as guided by the Public Procurement Act, 2007 and monitored by the Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP).
Mr. Jack Agande Ebe, a pioneer staff who joined the services of the University on 22nd November, 2011 in Procurement Directorate and currently he is the Director of Procurement with over thirty two years of working experience in University setting. He attended the University of Ibadan and obtained Masters Degree in Managerial Psychology (MMP), also holds Master of Science (M.Sc.) Political Science, Advanced Diploma in Personnel Management (ADPM) from Benue State University. He holds Higher National Diploma in Purchasing & Supply from Kaduna Polytechnic and also a Fellow with the Certified Institute of Purchasing and Supply Administration in Nigeria (CIPSAN), and holds a membership of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply Management of Nigeria (CIPSMN).
The directorate is having total work force of seven (7) staff, a Director and six (6) subordinate staff whom are potential Chartered Members of institute of purchasing & supply.
AIMS & OBJECTIVES
The unit is to ensure that value of money is obtained through efficiency, fairness, transparency, reliability, accountability and ethical standards.
The University as a Procuring Entity is guided in all its operations by Public Procurement Act, 2007, in accordance with the Public Procurement Regulations for Goods, Works and Services prepared by the Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP) pursuant to the Act.
ORGANISATION OF PROCUREMENT OPERATIONS
- Actual procurement activities are all carried out by the Procuring Entity, Federal University Dutsin-Ma.
- The Vice Chancellor, who is the accounting officer, is the person responsible for supervision of all procurement activities in the University. The pioneer Vice Chancellor established the Procurement Directorate, Procurement Planning Committee and Tenders Board for the University.
- The Tenders Board is composed of
a.) Vice Chancellor – Chairman
b.) Heads of Department – Members
- The Procurement Directorate serves as the secretariat of the Procurement Planning Committee (PPC), Tenders Board and the Head of the procurement unit is a non-voting member and secretary of the Procurement Planning Committee (PPC) & Tenders Board.
- The Procurement Directorate is mandated with the responsibility of processing all procurement activities in the University.